VMware Horizon Community
st84
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View Client; "Maximum login attempts exceeded"

Hello,

if users type in a wrong password or username three times, VMware Horizon View Client displays a window saying "The View Connection Server authentication failed. Maximum login attempts exceeded"

When clicking "OK" in mentioned window, nothing really happens. All it does is it closes the session to the connection server and goes back to the first window where you have to enter the connection server and connect.

My question is, where can this be changed? Can the maximum login attempts be increased/decreased? I couldn't find any setting anywhere...

Thanks,

6 Replies
peterpad
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe it's the domain policy which is set and not something at the View Connection Server?

0 Kudos
christhetech131
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get any help on this?  We are experiencing the same thing.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

This is by default set to 3 and is on can be changed on the connection broker, set the value "cs-loginattemptslimit=10" to the attribute pae-NameValuePair in the CN=Common object under OU=Global,OU=Properties - this will set the number of max login attempts to 10.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
christhetech131
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
LK0
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't find the option in Horizon 8; Is there any alternate option in 8?

0 Kudos
LK0
Contributor
Contributor

It can be done through GPO. 

0 Kudos