VMware Horizon Community
Rdiaz29
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon View Client Drive Redirection (CDR) not working

Hi,

We are having issues with Client Drive Redirection on Windows 10 1709. When users log in using the Horizon Client (Blast protocol), they are able to see a mapped drive which maps to the host's c:\users\<username> location. When a user initiates a copy/paste operation from the virtual desktop to the mapped drive, the Copy popup window gets stuck at 0% and when they click "This PC" in File Explorer, nothing shows up in the right pane. Once in a while, they also get a pop saying: \\tsclient\<username> is not accessible. Attempt to access invalid address. This happens for internal and external connection to the VDI. However, once in a while, copy/paste operations do work. When they do the problem above strikes after a couple of copy/paste operations.

This is the VDI setup:

• Horizon View 7.5.1
  • UEM 9.4
  • Windows 10 1709

I did notice that this DOES NOT happen in Windows 7. I am trying to migrate users off of Windows 7 but need this CDR problem resolved first. Has anyone ran into this issue? Thanks.

-Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rdiaz29
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So it turns out we have some security software (unable to disclose) which causes CDR to break on the View Agent side. I deployed the Win10 parent without it and CDR works like a charm. Self-imposed issue. Smiley Sad Now we have to get this security software to work with CDR.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Maybe your issue is regarding Clipboard Redirection.

Try to apply the "Configure Clipboard Redirection" parameter and enable for both sites.

VMware Blast Policy Settings

0 Kudos
Rdiaz29
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have always had Clipboard Redirection enabled the whole time. Clipboard Redirection has always worked without problem. CDR is the problem.

0 Kudos
MikleF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Rob,

Want to throw in my 2 cents and state that I've seen this happen in Application Farms as well. Ranging from Server 2008R2 al the way through 2016.

Have you taken a support bundle? In there should be a file (or files) with a name like 'vmware-TsdrUserServer-<number>'.

you could check that one for errors in copying.

Kind regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Rdiaz29
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So it turns out we have some security software (unable to disclose) which causes CDR to break on the View Agent side. I deployed the Win10 parent without it and CDR works like a charm. Self-imposed issue. Smiley Sad Now we have to get this security software to work with CDR.

0 Kudos
WillFulmer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you able to discuss (offline) the security platform in use?

0 Kudos