VMware Horizon Community
paulc1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon View Client 4.10 Audio Drops out during Skype calls

After upgrading to 4.10 I've had audio dropout issues with Skype.

The audio for the whole VDI drops out, meaning I can't listen to a youtube video even until I've reconnected the desktop. It'll work fine for a few minutes and then it's just silence again. Windows audio doesn't show muted or anything.

This seems to only happen during Skype calls/meetings.

Not sure whats going on, but its really frustrating.

I'm going to try and go back to 4.9. Just wondered if anyone else was seeing the same problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We are seeing a similar issue with Horizon Agent 7.4.0 (All audio is impacted and not just Skype). We opened a case with VMware and they could reproduce it with Horizon Agent 7.4.0 but not with 7.7.0. The audio works if you revert back to Horizon Client 4.9.0.

0 Kudos
nettech1
Expert
Expert

Are you connecting using Blast / PCoIP or RDP?

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Blast

0 Kudos
paulc1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can confirm, I uninstalled 4.10 and installed 4.9 and I'm not having issues.

Agent version is 7.5

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We are continuing to troubleshoot this issue with VMware to determine if they need to release a fix in the Horizon Client. The current recommendation is to upgrade to Horizon Agent 7.7 or downgrade to Horizon Client 4.9 (I would advise against this).

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We are having the same issue with 7.4 agent and 4.10 client. I updated a few users to agent 7.7, but it did not resolve the issue. The audio drops out with any application, in our case it's LinkedIn training videos. I haven't yet tried downgrading to 4.9.

0 Kudos
Jertun
Contributor
Contributor

We had an issue reported where the audio for a user stop after 5-10 minutes in a gotomeeting that’s running from the horizon desktop.

I tested and experienced the same issue, but it looks like all audio redirection from the horizon desktop to the local desktop stops.

We experienced the same issue 9.5 minutes into a youtube video, and 10 minutes into playing music from Spotify from a web browser.

I tried connecting to the view server directly, not through the UAG, same issue after about 11.5 minutes into a different youtube video.

Disconnecting and reconnecting to the horizon desktop reconnects the audio.

This is for audio redirection, as we have usb redirection disabled.

We are using blast protocol only.

View client 4.10.0 build-11021086

Horizon agent version 7.4.0

In our testing reverting to the Horizon client version 4.9.0 build-9539668 so far has resolved the issue for us. We were able to get through a 20 minute youtube video on multiple clients with no audio cutouts or drops.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We are continuing to work with VMware to see if they will resolve this in a future Horizon Client. As of now Horizon Client 4.10.0 and Horizon Agent 7.4.0 have this issue. We've started an upgrade to 7.7.0 which was needed anyways.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I replied in the thread you created. I'll test tomorrow with 7.7.0 and see if it fixed it for us. If you decide to open a SR I can provide ours so they can be linked.

Re: Audio issues with OS X Mojave client version 4.10

0 Kudos
nettech1
Expert
Expert

We have been on Horizon 7.5 with 7.4 agent and 10.2.5 tools for a long time. Skype is used heavily in the environment and all of our users are on 4.10 client. We are using Virtualization Pack for Skype which I didn't see mentioned in anyone's post, also we don't allow Blast and have the pool locked to PCoIP.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We've been upgrading to Horizon Agent 7.7.0 and no longer see the issue. For other users VMware provided us with the following workaround.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Blast\Config

NetworkContinuityEnabled with value as 0
UdpEnabled with value as 1

0 Kudos
JerryMacGeere
Contributor
Contributor

Which Horizon Client version do you have? 4.9 or 4.10?

Thanks

0 Kudos