VMware Horizon Community
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon View Black Screen

Hi,

We have a working Horizon View 6 environment, and it works with both View client and html. But today i was at a customer, and when we tried my laptop there, we where able to login, but when i selected the vm it goes to black screen, and after 10-20 sec it disconnects. It must be something on the customers network since it works from other places, and my laptop also works from other places. I was able to use RDP and HTML, so my question is then what do the customer need to check in their firewall ? I thought that the "end users" didn't need anything special ports open on their side, thought it was default ports that where open... but im not a network guy..so Smiley Happy

Regards Andreas
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have confirmd with vmware support that this issue lies at the customer network, problem with old hardware when it comes to router / firewall... need to upgrade firmware

Regards Andreas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I see this question posted all the time.  I'm sure searching will give tons of threads.

Also this should help you: 50 articles that fix EVERYTHING in Horizon View! | VMware Support Insider - VMware Blogs

TonyHuynh201110
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Possibly port being blocked.

0 Kudos
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the link, I will check that out. I also have been looking at many black screen articles, but to my understanding its related to the view configuration, but that is working. So im not sure what needs to be open on the "customers" side, do they also need to open to following ?

The port 4172 UDP must be open in both inbound and outbound directions.
The port 4172 TCP must be open in only the inbound direction.

Regards Andreas
0 Kudos
vantonov
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having a BlackScreen issue too. And mine is similar, one version of client works from Virtual Enviroment, but doesn't work from the actual user machine (sorry for qality of actual ScreenShot, error only appears on physical machine). No errors shown, jusc 10 seconds of  black screen and disconnect. in VM log is the same. May be it also network related problem?

0 Kudos
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Suddenly it works, we havent done anything on either side, and that is very strange, and not stable either Smiley Sad

Regards Andreas
0 Kudos
vantonov
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yesterday we have opened all ports to destination server and everything is working now. I don't know which port have caused a problem exactly, but clearly it was a network problem. I suggest to add this to KB.

0 Kudos
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have confirmd with vmware support that this issue lies at the customer network, problem with old hardware when it comes to router / firewall... need to upgrade firmware

Regards Andreas
0 Kudos