VMware Horizon Community
GilbarcoDavid
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View Agent Error

I would like to bring your attention to the following error we have encountered with our Horizon View Agent

VMware Horizon View Administrator 6.0.0 build-1884746
VMware Horizon View Agent 6.0.0 build-1884979

08 Oct 2014 11:24:36 AM: No network communication between the View Agent and Connection Server. Please verify that the virtual desktop can ping the Connection Server via the FQDN.

Pairing state: In pairing...
Configured by: horizonview.local
Attempted theft by:

We have verified that the virtual desktops can ping and resolve via the FQDN.

Horizon View Agent Error

10 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Reinstall your agent again.

On your VDI VM - Check the registry setting which points to you broker  in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Vmware, Inc\VMware VDM\Agent\Configuration\Broker  you will see all your broker details.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
GilbarcoDavid
Contributor
Contributor

The Horizon View Agent was successfully reinstalled and the broker address confirmed.

See below error from the Horizon View Administrator.

Pairing state: In pairing...

Configured: horizonview.local

Attempted theft by:

We have verified that the virtual appliance can ping and resolve via the FQDN

When connecting from the Zero Client the following error is encountered: Unable to connect (0x1002). Please contact your IT Administrator.

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Try using this link and let us know if it helps

VMware KB: After reinstalling or upgrading the View 5.1.x agent, the View Administrator console repo...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
GilbarcoDavid
Contributor
Contributor

No change has been detected after running through the latest steps.

0 Kudos
screenbert
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing this issue with 6.2 on a VM that was re-imaged. I haven't found anything yet.

0 Kudos
cgabhane
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Gyus, I am facing the same issue with view agent 6.2.1-3284564 build however it ping VDI desktop could ping connection server with FQDN. Please help me out with I am stuck with Production Smiley Sad

Faster responses will be greatly appriciated.

0 Kudos
jasho7
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same Problem here.

Same builds. Using Zero Clients or Horizon View Client.

Any solution yet?

0 Kudos
AaronRose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Seems like alot of people having a problem with this.  I have been through quite a bit of this myself.

Very first thing to do always on your image is

1. Uninstall .net Framework

2. Uninstall View Agent

3. Uninstall Vmware Tools

Restarts implied then do the installs in the following order.

1. Vmware Tools

2. View Agent

3. .NET framework

If you run into issues that the agent says it needs restarts to install, you need to remove a registry key called "rename-operation" inside the hklm: ......currentcontrolset, as well as the 1,2,3 control sets under sessionmanager, runonce.  This may be a bit off but enough information to search the KB article that is more specific.

Did you upgrade from a previous version?  Did you install the different components in FIPS mode? 

I hope this helps someone, please respond and let me know the results.  If you don't get a good result please grab some of the agent logs in programdata\vmware\vdm\logs and post anything interesting.

0 Kudos
pari2k3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This issue occurs due to the way the VMXNET 3 adapter is added. The Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Datacenter Edition guest operating system identifies the adapter as a new device and does not properly install the driver during the cloning process.

Provisioning View desktops fails due to customization timeout errors (2007319) | VMware KB

AaronRose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To add to this.  We had this same issue and the problem ended up being the DNS on the connection server was no longer working properly.

0 Kudos