VMware Horizon Community
DavidMcKnight
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon View Agent Direct-Connection Plugin + logoff after disconnect

If I'm using Horizon View Agent Direct-Connection Plugin is there still a way to get the VM to auto & forcefully logoff the the current user after X minutes if the (in my case) thin client abruptly disconnects (powers off)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Presumably this is a VM that is not managed by a View Connection Server? You should be able to set/change the following registry setting (this would automatically be updated if you were using a CS):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Node Manager\DisconnectLimitMinutes

A value of -1 means immediately, a value of 0 means never. Positive values are the number of minutes to wait after the disconnect occurs.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Presumably this is a VM that is not managed by a View Connection Server? You should be able to set/change the following registry setting (this would automatically be updated if you were using a CS):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Node Manager\DisconnectLimitMinutes

A value of -1 means immediately, a value of 0 means never. Positive values are the number of minutes to wait after the disconnect occurs.

Mike

0 Kudos
DavidMcKnight
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Outstanding!  Thank you.

P.S.

I don't know if anyone from VMware is ever going to read this but, there should be a little GUI as part of the install of the Direct-Connect Plug-in to help find and set these values since you no longer need a Connection Server.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

> I don't know if anyone from VMware is ever going to read this but, there should be a little GUI as part of the install of the Direct-Connect Plug-in to help find and set these values since you no longer need a Connection Server.I don't know if anyone from VMware is ever going to read this

At least one person has Smiley Wink

We are tracking this, though the solution will probably not be the installer as different pools can use the same template. We've still got a little bit of work to do to know how best to handle configuration options for features that were originally only controlled by the View Connection Server. Obviously some functionality is not possible without a CS of some description, but functionality that is entirely in-guest and performed by the agent (such as logoff after disconnect) can still be enabled. Watch this space.

0 Kudos