VMware Horizon Community
snonchev
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon View Administrator sees all VCenter in linked mode

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating a new client's View 5.2 environment and noticed that in Administrator 2 VC servers are set. View Composer was installed only on the first VC. I'm able to create pools that are using the second VC. However when I add a desktop manually, it seems that the agent is not able to communicate successfully with the connection server and the status in the Administrator is always "Waiting for agent". Confirmed all ports are not filtered and also examined the agent logs - the only valuable entries I've found are from v4v-agent:

11:29:26 0x00000a1c WARNING  Failed to get the message server configuration.  Error code 0x80070002.

11:29:26 0x00000a1c INFO     Started communication manager.

11:29:28 0x00000a1c INFO     Initialized the engine.

11:29:36 0x00000a1c INFO     Uninitializing the engine (reason 5)...

11:29:36 0x00000a1c INFO     Stopped communication manager.

11:29:36 0x00000a1c INFO     Uninitialized the engine.

On the Connection server logs, there is nothing related (or probably I'm looking in the wrong files). I know that Composer is a requirement for linked-clones, but what about manual pools? Do I still have to have a Composer on the second VC? Will appreciate any advices. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
snonchev
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This was several months ago, but I remember I managed to fix it by requesting UDP 4172 to be opened from the Network team. Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ever find a solution to this one?

0 Kudos
snonchev
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This was several months ago, but I remember I managed to fix it by requesting UDP 4172 to be opened from the Network team. Hope this helps...

0 Kudos