VMware Horizon Community
bond989
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View Administrator SAML 2.0 Authenticator Issue

Hello,

I tried to create a new SAML 2.0 Authenticator via View Administrator on fresh new installation and when I try to add authenticator with static metadata I get the following error:

"Failed to add SAML 2.0 Authenticator:

StaticMetadata with this entityID already in use"

And the metadata is not used anywhere in the horizon. Hopefully some of you will know the solution.

Thanks in advance

vMware Horizon View Administrator 7.0.2 build-4350299

0 Kudos
8 Replies
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Good morning Bond989

Did you ever solve this question? I am seeing the same thing currently at my client.

Thanks

Joe

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
dvdende
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just to respond. This is still happening.

Tried in our environment:

Horizon 7.9

UAG 3.9.1

Horizon 7.12

UAG 3.9.1

I already created a ticket. When we solve the issue I will update this ticket for future reference.

0 Kudos
ffontaine
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Any development on this issue?

I'm having the same error msg...

UAG 3.9/CS 7.12

Regards

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the Horizon > View area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Sandy_21
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I find answers for this post. I tried searching a lot, I see this post was moved by Scott28tt to To Horizon View. We are having same problem at the moment and VMware support doesn’t have any answer apart from rebooting the server. It’s been 3 days now I haven’t come to a solution. Could you please Help me.. Just saw you know there are no entries in ADAM ADSI under Authenticator. Any script command or utility that VMWARE has to Clear Cached SAML on Connection Server? This is extremely burning topic for us now.

Thanks,

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Sandy_21
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Bond989,

Did you ever got answer for this problem?

0 Kudos
JasonP76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have seen this and from what I have seen is that you cannot have more than one SAML authenticator from the same IDP. 

Look at the XML file for the one you currently have and the one you want to add. Search for entityID. If they are the same then that is the reason why.

0 Kudos
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe that this KB covers what Jason has said 

Configure a SAML Authenticator in Horizon Console (vmware.com)

"You can configure more than one SAML authenticator to a Connection Server and all the authenticators can be active simultaneously. However, the entity-ID of each of these SAML authenticators configured on the Connection Server must be different."

0 Kudos