VMware Horizon Community
labrobb
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View Admin page denying access before asking for a login

Hi,

We started experiencing some strange behaviour with our View 6.0.1 server that began yesterday. I suspect there were some configuration changes made on the server, but nobody's fessing up.

Now, when we visit https://myviewserver.domain.local/admin, it displays the error "Your account is not allowed to operate through this console."

This is prior to ever being asked to login.

So far, I've cleared my browser cache + restarted. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Horizon View on the server (keeping the database).

Neither of these resolved anything.

Has anyone ever run into this or have any ideas?

Many thanks.

5 Replies
labrobb
Contributor
Contributor

Some people are using this for SmartCard testing, so I have a hunch that this was set. Unfortunately, none of our View Admins currently have smartcards - is it possible to change this setting outside of the View Administrator Console? (i.e. with direct access to the OS)

Required

Administrators are required to use smart card authentication when they log in to View Administrator.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I would guess that markbenson could answer this.

I suspect that there is an AD LDS setting that control this and you should be able to change that with ADSI Edit.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
dauphin77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey guys/gals,

Was anyone able to provide an answer to the above question. I'm experiencing the same and hoping I don't need to rebuild View from scratch. Wondering if I need to add smart card certificates to the certificate authority to get around this issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
MisterSpo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I was messing with some permissions today for an end user and ran into the same issue.  What fixed it for me was adding the Inventory Administrators (Read only) permission to the user or group in Horizon View admin > View Configuration > Administrators.  Please note, I was testing on 7.10.2 so this may not apply.  While I'm on the subject, the HTML5 client behaves differently with the same permissions than the Flash client - a word to the wise.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Horizon 6.x is end of general support but you can try below:

VMware Knowledge Base

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos