VMware Horizon Community
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon View 7 new install, SSL issues

We have a new HV7 install.  Just one simple connection server and one simple security server.  Server names are:

connectionserver1.domain.local  (LAN)

security.server.otherdomain.local (DMZ)

Internally, and externally, it's all working even though we are getting SSL errors on the self signed certs.

I went into IIS and generated a CSR for view.domain.com and submitted to Comodo and I indicated that it was for IIS 7.5 and 2048 bits.

I got the cert back and installed the cert on both servers.  I then changes the friendly name on the old self-signed to vdmold and set the new certs friendly name to vdm and restarted services on both servers.  On my dashboard in the connection server admin console, all is green.

Externally it's failing with SSL connection error. 

Internally it's failing as well. 

In my DNS, I built a forward lookup zone for view.domain.com and pointed that to my connection server so that internally, my users can use the same URL for connecting both internally and externally.  So, internally, view.domain.com resolves to my connection server and externally it resolves to my firewall which is natted to my security server.  Keep in mind, it works without certs and just throws an untrusted cert error.  If I flip the certs back to the self signed, it works.  So long as I'm using my comodo certs, it's failing.

Chome suggests a ssl cipher mismatch so I thought maybe it was the kind of cert I bought.  I thought it might be because of a comodo cert.  I'm lost as to what it could be.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Cliff

0 Kudos
1 Reply
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I figured this out.  I re downloaded the cert, re-imported it and it works.

0 Kudos