VMware Horizon Community
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Horizon View 7, Windows 10, Apex 2800, initial connection results in single monitor, subsequent work fine

Hey Guys, here's the setup.

Horizon View 7.0.0

ESXi 6.0 build 3620759 (U2)

Apex 2800 and driver package 2.5.3 (supports for Windows 10 and vSphere 6)

Windows 10 x64

VMware Tools 10.0.8

The symptom is on initial connection, the second monitor isn't even displaying and the primary as at the non-standard resolution. Trying to whittle down where the issue is. PCoIP server log shows that APEX is only in use for one of the monitors, which is not good. Subsequent logins show it using Apex for both. The Apex driver is installed in the Windows 10 guest as well as ESXi. Thinking this is purely a Teradici issue, but figured I'd post here in case anyone else has experienced it.

Initial

pcoip.png

Subsequent

pcoip2.png

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I was able to work around the issue by making a pool out of the golden image, and logging into it with a zero client, disconnecting and reconnecting. Then I built the pool out of that golden image that had already been logged into with a zero client. For good measure I also reinstalled the Apex drivers into the golden image.

VCDX-Desktop

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I was able to work around the issue by making a pool out of the golden image, and logging into it with a zero client, disconnecting and reconnecting. Then I built the pool out of that golden image that had already been logged into with a zero client. For good measure I also reinstalled the Apex drivers into the golden image.

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos