VMware Horizon Community
DKempf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon View 7.1 and App Volumes 3.0

I am new to App Volumes but have successfully installed the 3.0 server and created a folder share location. I have created about a dozen app stacks. Now, when I try to create a new app stack, when appcapture comes to ready, the hard disk space on the capture machine (Windows 7 Enterprise x64) is completely full and shows 99.8 GB free of 31.9 GB. It is a 40 GB drive with 8.5 GB available before I launch the capture. I revert the capture machine back to the clean snapshot before each capture. The folder share location has 480 GB free space. Not sure what is happening here.

Also, when I go into the App Volumes console and perform an application sync, it shows that it completed successfully but no applications are listed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

David Kempf

Mary Lanning Healthcare

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SAsselin007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, For Horizon 7.x on-premises, App Volumes 3.x should not be used.

App Volumes 3.x is meant to be used with Horizon Cloud only.

On the download page, VMware posted this:

Important note on VMware App Volumes

Customers should continue to use App Volumes 2.x as the recommended platform for all on-premises production deployments.

I understand this is easy to miss, Please install App Volumes 2.13.3 for any on-premises deployment.

Sorry about the confusion, let us know if you are having any issues with the 2.13.3 release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SAsselin007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, For Horizon 7.x on-premises, App Volumes 3.x should not be used.

App Volumes 3.x is meant to be used with Horizon Cloud only.

On the download page, VMware posted this:

Important note on VMware App Volumes

Customers should continue to use App Volumes 2.x as the recommended platform for all on-premises production deployments.

I understand this is easy to miss, Please install App Volumes 2.13.3 for any on-premises deployment.

Sorry about the confusion, let us know if you are having any issues with the 2.13.3 release.

0 Kudos