VMware Horizon Community
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon View 7.0 & EVGA 124-IP-PD02

So, we are merging with a company.  They have 200 of these EVGA 124-IP-PD02 devices and they have an older VIEW environment, like a 5 or 5.5 or something in there.  Since this merger will take some time, we decided we would spin up a view environment and just point their old devices to our new VIEW environment and they would have desktops here in our environment.  We spun a new 7.0 environment and tested it and it's working great!  However, we found out that these older devices are not supported on the newer VIEW versions.

We also read some online and heard that there are work arounds for this.  Some registry edits, etc...

Can someone help me with this?  Does anyone have these older devices working in VIEW 7?  Can someone tell me definitively that there is a work around?  Can someone tell me where I can read up on the work around if there is one? 

Thanks.

Cliff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That looks like what I was thinking of, however, I simply upgraded the device to 4.7.0 firmware and it works without any alterations.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That looks like what I was thinking of, however, I simply upgraded the device to 4.7.0 firmware and it works without any alterations.

Thank you.

0 Kudos