VMware Horizon Community
nedbellavance
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon View 5.3 HTML Access does not load - Blank Screen

I have recently upgraded a demo environment of View from 5.2 to 5.3.  Now that the upgrade is complete, the HTML Access is no longer working.  I install the HTML Access component on the connection server after the 5.3 upgrade, as directed by VMware docs.  I built new Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 VMs and installed the agent and then the remote experience pack, as per the same docs.  If I log into the view connection server and select Horizon View HTML Access, it will prompt me to log in and then show me the pools I have configured.  When I click on a pool, the screen slides sideways to load the desktop and then sits at the grey background and never loads.  Eventually the connection times out on the target desktop.  I have tested this with both Windows 7 and 8.1 based pools with the same results.  Both pool work fine in the native view client.  I have tried connecting from the security server and the internal connection server with the same issues.  If anyone has encountered this or could provide some troubleshooting resources, that would be great.  Here is a brief description of the environment:

Connection server: Windows 2008R2 - View 5.3 with HTML Access Feature

Security server: Windows 2008R2 - View 5.3 (no firewall between Connection server and Security server - it's demo)

Composer server - Windows 2008R2 with SQL Server 2008R2 - Composer 5.3

Pools:

Pool 1 - Persistent Linked-Clone Windows 8.1

Pool 2 - Persistent Template Windows 7

vCenter: vCenter Appliance 5.5

ESX servers: ESXi 5.5

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nedbellavance
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well I figured it out.  I had pointed the External IP for PCoIP to the internal IP address of the security server and not the public IP address.  After fixing that the remote sessions look good.  That teaches me to try and update an environment at night when I am already tired.  Thanks for the help Linjo!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is a lot of changes in HTML access between 5.2 and 5.3, one thing is that we now use Web Sockets to get better performance.

I have seen one case when this was not allowed on the network, could this be the case here?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
nedbellavance
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The network is pretty wide open at the moment.  Connection server and security server are on separate subnets, but like I said there's no firewall between them.  The desktop sessions are on the same subnet as the connection server.  Is there an updated network reference document with all the port communication changes?

0 Kudos
nedbellavance
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found this doc: VMware View 5.2 Documentation Library which is still referenced on the View 5.3 documentation page.  There do not appear to be any new firewall or port settings for HTML Access.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There are no firewall changes needed for 5.3, just wanted to highlight one thing I have seen in the field.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
nedbellavance
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well I figured it out.  I had pointed the External IP for PCoIP to the internal IP address of the security server and not the public IP address.  After fixing that the remote sessions look good.  That teaches me to try and update an environment at night when I am already tired.  Thanks for the help Linjo!

0 Kudos