VMware Horizon Community
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon View 5.3 Client Reconfigure virtual machine every minute

Hello,

I've just moved some of my vm's to my nieuw view server.

The virtual machines i now add all keep on "Reconfigue Virtual Machine"

I'm running 5.5 for Vsphere and ESXi View agent is 5.3 Os is windows 7 32bit

The machines a have used in my test did not have this issue

Does any one have an idea what I can do to fix this?

I've tried manualy editing the vm to match the ones not having the problem but did not help.

i'm using hardware version vm-x9(upgrade to 10 does not fix it) with vmw-10 i'm unable to edit the vm hardware because of this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

2014-01-29T14:04:16.249+01:00 WARN (095C-0D58) <3416> [ws_ldap] Inbound Neighbor last successful LDAP replication attempt to Graaf-VmView2.xxx.local was at Fri Aug 16 17:26:52 2013.

It looks like you have servers that are not communicating properly with each other. If so, they could both be attempting to manage the VM. Check that this server is either uninstalled and fully removed from the environment (see vdmadmin command tool to clean up a stale server entry), or bring it back online and check ldap replication is functioning properly between all servers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I remember seeing something like that when the vCenter Account that View was using did not have the correct permissions, could that be it?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just checked the account i'm using is administrator on both view and vsphere

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

> I've just moved some of my vm's to my nieuw view server.

Did you fully remove the VM from the previous View environment? If not they will both be fighting to push their configuration onto it.

If you check the connection server log files it should tell you what is being reconfigured, which will also give a clue.

stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've removed the vm from the old view server. removed the old agent. rebooted the vm then installed the new agent(5.3) rebooted the vm and then added the vm to the new server.

in the log I see the following coming back could this be the issue?

InvalidCertificateException[reasons:nameMismatch;notTrusted

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Have a look in the VMX-file (or post it here) to see if there are any remains from the old View broker.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

> in the log I see the following coming back could this be the issue?

> InvalidCertificateException[reasons:nameMismatch;notTrusted

Doubt it, as if you were unable to connect to vCenter you'd not be doing any reconfigure tasks. I expect you'll see a nearby line that says this is expected as you've configured it by thumbprint match. Can you include a larger log selection? What lines can you find surrounding the pattern "Configuring VM"?

0 Kudos
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is a log file from the server and a vmx file from 1 vm

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

2014-01-29T14:04:16.249+01:00 WARN (095C-0D58) <3416> [ws_ldap] Inbound Neighbor last successful LDAP replication attempt to Graaf-VmView2.xxx.local was at Fri Aug 16 17:26:52 2013.

It looks like you have servers that are not communicating properly with each other. If so, they could both be attempting to manage the VM. Check that this server is either uninstalled and fully removed from the environment (see vdmadmin command tool to clean up a stale server entry), or bring it back online and check ldap replication is functioning properly between all servers.

0 Kudos
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just noticed this in the log to. I uninstalled the replication server an reinstalled it this solved the issue

0 Kudos