VMware Horizon Community
pastec
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View 5.3.2: can't assign user to a top level domain virtual desktop

We recently added a new top level domain to our Horizon View Administrator infrastructure.

We are able to create a linked-clone pool in this domain, but strangely we can't assign a user to the virtual desktop created. In fact when we search a user in this domain the search result is empty.

The other domains we use are not top level and they work properly.

Any hints to fix it up?

Regards, Simone

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

Added it how - an external domain with an explicit bi-directional trust with the domain the broker belongs to or some other hierarchy that you could share? Is the domain reported in the admin ui dashboard? Have you restarted the broker at all once adding it?

0 Kudos
pastec
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is an external domain with bi-directional trust with the broker's domain.

The domain is properly listed in the dashboard (and, as I said, we created a linked-clone pool in that domain).

We have restarted both brokers (we have a balanced infrastructure of two connection servers) after adding it.

For more precision our TLD is named "SANTORSO" with no extension.

Other more common domain (e.g. "thiene.local") is added with no problem.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

>and, as I said, we created a linked-clone pool in that domain

Just so you know, this doesn't actually mean anything in the context of the broker - the composer server is using the account you provided for the domain in order to setup the machine accounts and doesn't require a trust to the specific domain, only that it can reach the domain controllers. view cs on the other hand needs an actual trust relationship for domain enumeration and operations using the system account.

> For more precision our TLD is named "SANTORSO" with no extension

Useful info, I think this has surfaced recently in another case - there's a bug in the admin UI in that it can't handle a domain without a fully qualified name, if you raise a support request they can give you more details.

As a workaround you should be able to do it on the command line with vdmadmin -L instead.

0 Kudos