VMware Horizon Community
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon View 5.2 pool problem

Hi all,

I'm new in this forum... I have a problem with my View farm. I've installed View 5.2. I have created all components (Composer, vCenter, domain, ecc). All is green... When I create a pool, I don't see any VMs in the Parent VMs list.

I have created an XP SP3 VM in my farm, with DHCP, in my domain and with the View Agent installed. But nothing: View does not show me any VMs.

Any suggestion?

Thank you!!!

Matrix

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi All!!!!

I have news! I have restarted the Inventory Service (?!) on vCenter and after the Connection Server. Now is all OK!!!!!

Thank you to all!!!!!

Matrix

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

For it to show up as a parent image then it needs to have a snapshot, does it?

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

yes it has a snapshot and is powered off.

Matrix

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you creating a manual or automated pool? If automated could you try manual?
Also post a screenshot.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have tried all possible pools configurations, but nothing. When I must set a parent VM, the list is always empty.

Thank you

Matrix

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

parent.PNG

There is an option of Show all Parent Virtual machine what happens when you check that Box. If Still no go try to consolidate the Snapshots Power on the Machine and do a gracefull Shutdown and Take a new Snapshot.

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Gaurav,

this option (Show all parents vm) is hidden. All others fields are presents.

I don't understand where's the problem.... Thank you

Matrix

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi All!!!!

I have news! I have restarted the Inventory Service (?!) on vCenter and after the Connection Server. Now is all OK!!!!!

Thank you to all!!!!!

Matrix

0 Kudos