VMware Horizon Community
ericblc2
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View 5.2 linked clones corrupt redo logs

test lab. I have yet to succeed in creating a single working linked clone pool with 5.2 all my linked clones end up with a corrupt redo log on first reboot.  I tried with a simple vanilla W7 image,  . I tried to clone the master VM to start fresh ... no dice. :smileyplain:

Any help or info appreciated.

4 Replies
ericblc2
Contributor
Contributor

ESX fully updated.

Areca 1882 firmware updated

Arerca 1882 vmware driver updated

still corrupting redo log.

0 Kudos
Redbridge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know its a long time since this was originally posted but thought this may help other people who have the issue.  We have found an issue with some SANs reporting that they support VAAI but have issues in Horizon View 5.2 when creating Linked Clones, if you disable the VAAI on the ESXI Host it seems to work fine.

I would try the following: -

Using a test Host in a separate Cluster turn off VAAI on the Host and try again

If you get no errors this time get onto your SAN Vendor and point out the issues with VAAI

Hope this helps anyone else that has had months of pain trying to resolve this issue

arozanov
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you man, its very helpful! My problem was solved Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Redbridge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glad it helped, did your SAN vendor fix it for you or did you just leave VAAI turned off, we're still having issues with our vendor creating the fix as we have some SANs from another Vendor that can use it fine so we want to leave it turned on.  If you don't mind me asking what SANs have you got?

0 Kudos