VMware Horizon Community
adtuent
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View 5.2 Event Database Setup Error

I'm attempting to setup the events database for a fresh 5.2 install, environment details below:

SERVER 1: View Connection server on Server 2008 R2

SERVER 2: SQL Server 2008 R2 on Server 2008 R2

I've followed all the guides, database is using SQL authentication, static port on default 1433. I've also followed the kb article VMware KB: Configuring VMware View Event database fails with the error: An error occurred while atte... and replaced sqljdbc.jar with the updated sqljdbc4.jar.

The generic error it returns from the web gui is:

An error occurred while attempting to configure the database. Double check the database parameters and ensure that the database is not down, restarting, or otherwise unavailable.

A snippet from the VDM log file:

ADAM Error code: 2,128 com.vmware.vdi.admin.ui.ConfigurationManagerBean.updateDatabaseConfiguration(SourceFile:176)

com.vmware.vdi.adamwrapper.exceptions.ADAMServerException: database initialization failed, Could not create database writer statement: Connection reset

Also not sure that it is related but I found the following lines repeated in the catalina log file:

SEVERE: The web application [/admin] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.vmware.vdi.admin.be.admindatacache.a] (value [com.vmware.vdi.admin.be.admindatacache.a@561418b]) and a value of type [java.util.Stack] (value [[false]]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Oct 06, 2013 9:46:58 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

SEVERE: The web application [/admin] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@175dbe62]) and a value of type [com.vmware.vdi.admin.be.filters.a] (value [com.vmware.vdi.admin.be.filters.a@18cae35e]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ather_Beg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If this is still a problem, have you checked the collation set on the database?  http://atherbeg.com/2014/03/13/horizon-view-5-x-events-database-configuration-error/

0 Kudos
JackMac4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is almost certainly a permissions problem, and you shouldn't have to change the jdbc.jar by default.

---- Jack McMichael | Sr. Systems Engineer VMware End User Computing Contact me on Twitter @jackwmc4
0 Kudos
mamm9899
Contributor
Contributor

SQL Server security setup to mixed Windows and sqlserver. Then use the dynamic port:

2014-11-26 13_55_59-Clipboard.png

You must create a sql server user, grant Access to server and database created for events and use this user in the event horizon setup:

2014-11-26 13_59_28-Clipboard.png

Sorry for my english.

Greetings.

0 Kudos
DanBagshaw
Contributor
Contributor

This was a two step solution for me.

The first was easy. The SQL service account was locked out. DBA unlocked account.

The second step was to uninstall SSL Certificate from the SQL server and reboot. Even if your DBA is not forcing SSL encryption on the SQL server, you may get the error. I hope this helps.

Environment:

Horizon View 6.1

SQL Server: Clustered, SQL 2008 R2

0 Kudos
jamesalmed
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos