VMware Horizon Community
Kilroy526
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon VIEW TEAMS Black Screen when screen sharing

Anyone seeing this issue?

VDI Desktop running Windows 10 21H2, Horizon VIEW 8 2111, TEAMS machine wide installer 1.5.0.21463, Teams is offloading.

When sharing a desktop screen, the person viewing the screen share will see a black screen when the sharer selects an application on the none shared screen  or just clicks on the screen not being shared.

Very high level.

User has two monitors, say 1 and 2.

User shares monitor 1

User is in monitor 1 moving around, this can be seen by the viewing person.

User opens an application, which opens on monitor 2 or just clicks on monitor 2, making monitor 2 the active monitor, the screen goes black to the viewer.

User clicks back on to monitor 1, the screen sharing resumes.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
skubik
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I am the administrator and teams optimization, screen sharing are both enabled by GPO to the VDI.  The screen sharing / camera work intermittently.

0 Kudos
skubik
Contributor
Contributor

To add, I was just in a call for ~1.5hr with 2 other people.  1 person was also using Horizons one was not.  The two of us in Horizons could not see our own camera or other people's screen shares... they were working but just appeared black for us.  The person not in the Horizons environment could see our camera and when we shared our screens.  

0 Kudos
jkorson97
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, this is starting to get out of my realm. We have an IT company that manages our Horizon console. But just trying to help, I did find documentation on what is the recommendations for optimizing Teams in Horizon (see links below). 

Configuring Microsoft Teams with Real-Time Audio-Video (vmware.com)

Media Optimization for Microsoft Teams (vmware.com)

0 Kudos
skubik
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it's all set up, but there is a bug.  Sometimes closing/opening teams or deleting %appdata%\microsoft\teams in the VDI (persistent win10 desktop) will cause it work properly again for awhile.

0 Kudos
jkorson97
Contributor
Contributor

Well couldn't you create a bat file that deletes Team's appdata when a user logs off? 

0 Kudos
skubik
Contributor
Contributor

The appdata delete fix isn't everlasting, i'm testing with Agent v2209 now.  

0 Kudos