VMware Horizon Community
DSJordan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon PowerCLI missing after upgrade to Horizon 2006

Hi!

I upgraded a test environment from Horizon 7.12 to 8 (2006).  After the installation, PowerCLI is missing from the Start menu on the connection server.  When I try to run scripts, it complains that PowershellServiceCmdlets.dll is missing.  I've looked but found nothing to say that the Horizon PowerCLI has been removed and you must now use the REST APIs.  I've tried uninstalling and installing (running the EXE as an administrator), but PowerCLI is still missing from the Start menu, and the dll is still missing from the system.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Did I miss something in the documentation that the Horizon PowerCLI is no longer supported?

Thanks a lot!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Thats how you used to do it look at

Automating VMware Horizon 7 with VMware PowerCLI

you don't use ps snapins anymore its modules, and with the latest version of PS you shouldn't even need to do that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I havcen't tried 2006 yet, but you've been able to install the horizon powercli commands directly from powershell gallery for some time now, so you should be able to install them on your own.

0 Kudos
DSJordan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vmware PowerCLI is installed, but the Horizon-specific command-lets are not available.  Specifically, I can no longer "Add-PSSnapin VMware.View.Broker".

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Thats how you used to do it look at

Automating VMware Horizon 7 with VMware PowerCLI

you don't use ps snapins anymore its modules, and with the latest version of PS you shouldn't even need to do that.

0 Kudos
DSJordan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Bummer.  Looks like I have a bunch of scripts to rewrite.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This prehistoric snapin wasn't updated since version 5 anyway. RIght now the best option is to use the rest api's but those are far from feature complete so you'll need to use the soap api's that are available in the regular powercli.

0 Kudos
abhishek_rsi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there any way to successfully run addsnappin.ps1 ? as in 2006, system is unable to find powershellservicecmdlets.dll file.. resulting in affecting view components

0 Kudos