VMware Horizon Community
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Lost Connection to vCenter

We have a test lab where we have an horizon server, it was running without a problem but recently (since we upgraded to horizon 7.4) we can't create a pool, checking we lost connection to vcenter.

pastedImage_2.png

The current vCenter configuration

pastedImage_3.png

If i try to edit the configuration of the current vCenter the SSL Cerfificate of said vCenter (we use the self signed) is empty and then I press accept an error prompts about the validity of the server

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_0.png

Adding a new connector with Administrator@vspehre credentials didn't solve the problem either

pastedImage_8.png

ESXi 6.5

vCenter 6.5

Horizon 7.4

0 Kudos
7 Replies
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This just updated, beforehand it just said Name: blank, Version: blank etc

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We see this whenever we restart our connection servers. Typically after a few minutes it will show green and connected without issue. Is it still red?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

The certificate validation looks odd even for self signed certs. Are you still using the default certs or did you change them at all?

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

You may perform a proper shutdown/reboot sequence of your Horizon servers.

- Shutdown all View Connection Servers (do not reboot)

- Reboot vCenter Server

- Reboot View Composer Server

- Power on all View Connection Servers.

0 Kudos
petersung
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same issue.. was your issue resolved?  shutdown and restart the entire stack does not help.. or at least helped for a bit but eventually vCenter will appears to be disconnected.  Replication between the connection servers are complete and successful..

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Which version of Horizon/vCenter are you running and what does the environment look like?

0 Kudos
petersung
Contributor
Contributor

I am running Horizon 7.4 on vCenter 6.5 appliance.

I think I may have figured out the issue.. on one of my connection servers (out of 4), I had imported vCenter's trusted root CA certificate to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities.  I think its the mis-match between the certificate trust of the vCenter CA certificate between the connection servers which had cause the issue.  I simply remove the CA cert from the server and restart the services.  So far that seems to have done the trick.

0 Kudos