VMware Horizon Community
MarceTek
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Image Push - Fault Type error

When pushing a new image to a pool I'm getting this error,

Fault Type is AGENT_CUSTOMIZATION_FAULT - After waiting for 600 seconds InternalTemplate still had not finished customization. Giving up!

This is the first time I'm pushing this particular gold image. It was a clone of another one but the only difference was I gave it more disk space. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Any logs I can look at to know what's going on?

On horizon 7.13

0 Kudos
5 Replies
egurganious
Contributor
Contributor

i'm having this same issue.  Did you ever figure out what was wrong.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Usually a customization script not working or a networking issue. Check any post sync customization scripts and make sure your vms are getting ip addresses.

Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Not sure if its fixed in 7.13, but some of the 7.x versions had an issue where we have to manually set a registry value to make publish successful. 

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Horizon-Desktops-and-Apps/Instant-Clone-Publishing-fails/td-p/1843... 

Also, make sure that the domain is reachable from the master VM and also release the IP before taking the snapshot. 

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
trotasc
Contributor
Contributor

Yup. I'm getting the same error. Here is what I did.

- I had a golden image with about 20 snapshots.
- I reverted to the latest snapshot on my Golden Image machine and created a new Golden Image with updated Windows and apps.
- I took a snapshot of my new Golden Image.
- I make some more changes and created a new snapshot.
- I deleted all 20 of the old snapshots
- I tried to push the new Golden image with the latest snapshot

That is when i got the error.

By the way, I also get this error at the top of the Horizon console: "Could not find the current snapshot because it was modified or deleted."

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Tom

0 Kudos
Jonny21843
Contributor
Contributor

Where you ever able to get rid of that error?

"Could not find the current snapshot because it was modified or deleted."

I get this on all my Horizon agents when pushing new snapshot. The Push still goes through and completes, but the error still shows up.

0 Kudos