VMware Horizon Community
raju_capita
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon DaaS - Access Point Question?

All,

we are deploying Horizon DaaS solution to provide Desktop as a Service, we are providing access to desktops through MPLS(Dedicated WAN Link) and Also through internet if customer want to access. Currently we have designed like this... For MPLS(Dedicatated WAN link), They will directly access the tenant appliance brokerage all traffic goes through directly Horizon DaaS managed Desktops(Not over Access points) and user access from internet they go through access point.

My questions:

Do i need to consider moving all the traffic to Access Point? meaning Both from MPLS and Internet? to support HTML5 as a remote protocol? Is the access point is must to have HTML5 as remote protocol?

Raj

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
vTimD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HTML 5 (or BLAST) access is available from Access Point, Security Server, or Connection Server instances. If your users are connecting directly to the Connection Servers via the MPLS, then they should be able to access the HTML 5 BLAST desktops from the MPLS directly from the Connection Server. You should not need to route everyone through the Access Point.

This is, of course, if all of your firewall ports and all are setup as they should be.

-vTimD http://www.vtimd.com If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
raju_capita
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information!

Here we are deploying Horizon DaaS solution and our brokerage takes place from Tenant appliance. after that it establishes direct connection to Horizon DaaS managed desktops. I'm looking from Horizon DaaS Prespective, since we do not have Connections server or security server in place.

0 Kudos