VMware Horizon Community
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon DRS Advanced Setting

Hi all. I was doing some reading about DRS in a vSphere clusters and came across an advanced setting called 'AggressiveCPUActive' which is designed to cater for virtual workloads with bursty CPU spikes, which virtual desktops tend to do. I did some searching around to see if this should be used in a Horizon environment but could not find any definitive answer so I thought I would ask here.

Has anyone here used this advanced option or any feedback is welcome?

TIA

0 Kudos
2 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

The setting helps in situations where you want DRS to respond to these bursty / spikey workloads as well. It doe however mean you may/will see more migrations, which may not result in a performance improvement potentially as the bursts/spike may be over by the time the migrations are completed.

You could definitely set it and see if it helps the user experience, but the question then remains how you measure this.

0 Kudos
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Agree with you there, using a 1 minute sample may not be short enough to see any benefit in Horizon desktop environment. What you may gain may also be lost if migrations if DRS is performing more migrations.

Yeah the million dollar question how do you measure it, a very subjective topic with may variables, especially in the current times we are in.

0 Kudos