VMware Horizon Community
chriskoch99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Console: How do I show all users connected to a particular published application?

We're running Horizon 7.12.  Am I just dumb and missing somewhere obvious showing this on the dashboard?   Sessions detail only seems to show me users connected to a particular farm, which isn't exactly the same thing.  In the properties page for a given Horizon Application, it feels like there should be a Sessions tab there....

Being able to see who all is running what applications seems pretty critical to understanding usage, and/or impact during troubleshooting etc.  Is there some easy way to get at this info?

Thanks!

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This is not (yet) available via GUI to my knowledge. This is likely queryable via Horizon API via session data, as ControlUp reports it.

Each host should have a SessionData in HKLM > Software > VMware, Inc. > VMware VDM with a number underneath representing each session. Under each one, you will find various properties for each, including one called ViewClient_Launch_ID. This will give you the application that was launched from that farm. You could script something easily enough to scrape this information. 

-Nick

0 Kudos