VMware Horizon Community
mobinqasim786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Composer Service is Not Starting Automatically

Hi Guys,

I’ve upgraded my Horizon environment from 6.x to 7.1 and it all went well except one issue with Composer Service.

If I reboot the Composer Server than Composer service doesn’t start on it’s own, even though it’s set to Automatic and running with Local System. If I start the service manually than it starts without any issue.

While checking Event Viewer I could see Event ID 7009

“A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the VMware Horizon 7 Composer service to connect.”

Could someone please help me how to troubleshoot with this.

Regards,

Mobin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ALEX_TSM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Try to implement an Automatic (Delayed start) instead an Automatic for the service and play around with the timeout value.

0 Kudos
mobinqasim786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply. I've already tried setting the service to Automatic Delayed but that didn't help either. I'll try modifying the registry for the timeout value and see if that helps.

Composer Server is installed on a separate server and it's
latest updated were installed last month. I checked if there's any latest updates and found out that there's few latest Windows Updates available which were still missing. After installing those updates (mentioned in the screenshot) issues seems to be resolved for a while but started to appear again.

I've restarted View Composer server a couple of times, and service started automatically, but on fourth/fifth reboot it didn't start. I believe it's not VMware issue rather OS issue.

Regards,

Mobin

0 Kudos
mobinqasim786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I ended up setting the service to Automatic Delayed as using this setting the service starts automatically 5 times out of 10. I think I'll have to live with this and start the service manually if it's not running.

0 Kudos