VMware Horizon Community
txfree2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Client

how can I stop the VMware Horizon Client from showing all my pools?

I only show the pools I want to show with HTML by clicking on the box, but the client show's all my pools is there a way to hide them also from the client?

I work at a University and we are putting zero client vdi  boxes in a testing center and that's what I want the pool to be named "Testing Center" but I don't want it showing up in the client or the HTML site. Thanks.

Tyson

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mchadwick19
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The client will show any pool that a user is entitled to that the connection server is allowed to present, usually protected using CS tags.

In this "Testing Center," is this the only pool that will be used in that space? In that case I would reconfigure your thin clients in that room to auto-select the "Testing Center" pool. This can be done in most thin client configurations. This pool will still be seen on Thin Clients outside this space to users that are entitled.

Another option would be to break SSO in this "Testing Center" pool and create Kiosk Accounts for your thin clients and add them to an AD group. That AD group is entitled to the Testing Center pool so that the TC's can log in and then when your users enter the testing center, they will be at a windows login screen instead of a TC login.

A third way you could do is create an additional View connection server and assign connection server tags (say Standard and Testing) and then assign pools to those connection server tags so that only the Testing Center pool is available on one of the connection servers. Then reconfigure all your pools to have the Standard tag, except for your testing pool which should have the "Testing" tag. Then reconfigure your thin clients in the Testing Center to connect to the one connection server with the Testing tag. The pool will only be exposed on that Connection server and all other pools will not be available on that CS.

If you have any questions on the options, let me know.

VDI Engineer VCP-DCV, VCP7-DTM, VCAP7-DTM Design
txfree2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for the info, I was afraid those might be the answers. we use zero clients so I have them to log straight into the "Testing Center" pool it's open to all active 20k + student's because it's a testing center so they all need access. it works great on campus and everyone love's it. I just didn't want student's to be able to see it off campus through the client, they can't through the HTML. I really don't want to build another CS (I already have 4) just for that 1 pool Smiley Sad. I'm afraid it looks like I would have to build a CS, I was hoping for a way around not building one. I hope vmware in the future will build it like the HTML, where we can check it to make it display or hide it.

0 Kudos
mchadwick19
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You say you have 4 CS's and you don't want to expose the pool off-campus. Are you using security servers or UAG's?

VDI Engineer VCP-DCV, VCP7-DTM, VCAP7-DTM Design
0 Kudos
txfree2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes I have 2 UAG's.

0 Kudos
txfree2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is there by chance another way that is not listed that I can block that pool from showing in the list to the clients?

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you can enable the Auto Connect List in zero client , its feature in Horizon client and its available in zero and thin client, so by default the thin/zero client will connect to pool and will not show the list of pools

0 Kudos