VMware Horizon Community
ScottTucker
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Client shadebar menu vanishing after user connects to the desktop.

We recently updated our HP Thin Clients' Horizon clients to v5.5.0 and then 5.5.1 and are having an issue with both versions in which our Horizon client Shadebar menu at the top will vanish shortly after a session is connected. The user will connect to their desktop pool and the sliver of shadebar at the top will be visible as expected. I can mouse over the shadebar and it will dropdown and show me the menu options as expected. But as soon as the user clicks on their actual virtual desktop (to select an icon, click the start menu button, etc) the shadebar disappears as if the virtual desktop gaining focus obstructs the shadebar. The user can hit ctrl+alt+delete which brings up the thin client's logoff/task manager screen. From there, hitting cancel returns us to the Horizon session and the shadebar has reappeared. It can be interacted with normally. At this point my user can interact with their desktop normally without the shadebar disappearing. But disconnecting and reconnecting will cause the shadebar to vanish again when the user interacts with the desktop the first time post reconnect.

Any ideas what could be causing this? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

CIao 

There are GPOs or registry keys to manage the toolbar
Try looking in this link ...

VMware Horizon 7 Enterprise Group Policy Administrative Templates (admx.help)

for example these keys / GPO

fabio1975_0-1616592923651.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos