VMware Horizon Community
shifutech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon Client rejects Wi-Fi connection but accepts mobile hotspot

Whenever I try to connect to a server via my home broadband I get a 'Connection Failed Error: Couldn't resolve server address'. The application has full firewall permissions and no outbound blocking. However, whenever I use my phone hotspot the connection resolves and works fine. I have also restarted my router but did not seem to resolve anything. Is there a reason as to why this is happening as the same firewall and IT setup works fine for hotspot but not Wi-Fi.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shifutech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the fix after some extensive googling and troubleshooting.

I noticed when I was running a nslookup from both networks I was receiving a different error each time. One was returning a Ipv4 address while the other returned a Ipv6 address. By going into the network connections, select WiFi, right click and select properties, and disable Ipv6, it should fix the issue. Now, I read that there is some controversy with disabling Ipv6 so do your own research before applying this fix. Alternatively, the link below shows how to set a preference to Ipv4 without disabling Ipv6.

How to prioritise IPv4 over IPv6 on Windows 10 and 11 (firedaemon.com)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@shifutech 

"Couldn't resolve address" means 99% sure DNS issues. Check if your computer can resolve the address correctly that you use to connect to Horizon over WIFI. 

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos
shifutech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@Mickeybyte 

Apologies for this in advance, I am not very tech savvy. How would I troubleshoot this? Or if you could point me to the relevant resources for me to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
shifutech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the fix after some extensive googling and troubleshooting.

I noticed when I was running a nslookup from both networks I was receiving a different error each time. One was returning a Ipv4 address while the other returned a Ipv6 address. By going into the network connections, select WiFi, right click and select properties, and disable Ipv6, it should fix the issue. Now, I read that there is some controversy with disabling Ipv6 so do your own research before applying this fix. Alternatively, the link below shows how to set a preference to Ipv4 without disabling Ipv6.

How to prioritise IPv4 over IPv6 on Windows 10 and 11 (firedaemon.com)