VMware Horizon Community
tokage
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Client on macOS gives "SessionEmpty" every day after being idle (v 4.3.0)

I maintain a more or less permanent connection to a hosted Horizon machine up on one of my workstations, i.e., I connect to a remote session and leave it up full-time unless I have to reboot the client machine.  Every morning when I come back to my client machine, the Horizon client is still connected to the remote machine as I left it, and the session functions 100% normally, but the Horizon client selection window sits there bouncing constantly in the macOS dock with this "SessionEmpty" alert:

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 11.17.55 AM.png

If I hit the "OK" button, it then logs me out of my remote session and forces me to reauthenticate with the server, after which point the client immediately pops back to the state it was in before I hit OK.

First, what does the "SessionEmpty" alert actually mean?  The text in the alert doesn't tell me anything, so this is a meaningless alert for just about everyone.  (I'd file a bug on this but can't seem to find a way to do this since I don't own the license on my account.)

Second, what can I do to prevent this, either on the client side or the server side?  This is annoying because it's forcing me to log out of and back into my session every day, but as far as I can tell, doesn't actually fix any kind of problem, since the session is still working fine while this alert is being displayed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies