VMware Horizon Community
mikerod_sd
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Client disconnects after authentication

I recently installed two new monitors and since then I was able to log into my Horizon Client a few times but then after about a week I get disconnected immediately after it authenticates.

I have already updated my video card drivers and I even changed the settings (turned off autoscaling and selected a small window) but I am still getting disconnected. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
surajr04
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So, you mean to say after you login to View client > the client close itself 

OR

After login > you are able to see the desktop pool > launch the desktop and then disconnect

?

0 Kudos
mikerod_sd
Contributor
Contributor

After I authenticate I get a black screen then the client closes.

I know I am being authenticated because I was prompted to change my password the other day.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That's typically a firewall issue. What display protocol are you using? For PCoIP you will need to allow outbound TCP/UDP 4172 and for Blast you will need to allow TCP/UDP 443 and 8443. Note that these are defaults.

0 Kudos
mikerod_sd
Contributor
Contributor

The issue isn't firewall related as all other users at work don't have the same issue.

The issue started when I installed two new monitors but now I can't even log in when I just use my laptop.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

If its just you, does the HTML client work? Also have you tried reinstalling the horizon client?

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you verify the display protocol that you are using versus your co-workers.

0 Kudos
mikerod_sd
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone uses PCoIP as RDP is disabled.

0 Kudos
BC559
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have seen this issue before but just as @BenFB noted it always turned out to be firewall issues.

As a test from the machine having the issue run telnet and try to connect to <server address>:4172 if it never connects you have a firewal issue and :4172 (PCoIP) is not open on the server you are trying to connect to. If you have the servers behind a loadbalancer I would remove one server at a time out of the load balancer and test all of them.

By any chance is this happening only when tethering to a hotspot like a mobile device for something? I have seen some issues with connectivity from mobile hotspots that use Multi Source Proxying were the ISP (AT&T in the case I know of) splits the traffic based on ports to various proxy servers to parse out the traffic. So :80, :443 might go through one Proxy Server but your :4172 might go through a different proxy server. Normally the traffic should converge back together at the destination but the load balancer  was thinking the traffic came from different sources so it wouldn't always send the customer back to the same security server they authenticated to for the 4172 traffic. When this happens the security server you did not authenticate to will see you try to pass 4172 traffic and drop you because you didn't authenticate with it. To test for this try to logon when it fails take a look at the logs on your external connection brokers (the ones paired with your security servers) and look for the session information. it should only be on the one you connected to for authentication.

0 Kudos