VMware Horizon Community
AllenJG
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Client USB DisplayLink Adapter

I have three monitors, 2 utilize onboard video, while the third is via a USB DisplayLink Adapter.  When I check the settings in the Horizon Client, I can see all three monitors and they can be checked. However, when I go back to the remote desktop the maximum I can get is two monitors, the ones utilizing the onboard video. Is there an issue utilizing USB DisplayLink adapters?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AllenJG
Contributor
Contributor

I performed a test in the client, changing the settings to 2 monitors, selecting the onboard video and the USB DisplayLink Adapter video, and that worked fine, so I effectively ruled out issues with the USB DisplayLink adapter.

0 Kudos
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

AllenJG

Maybe a stupid question, but is your desktop pool enabled for 3 monitors? Check the desktop pool settings in the Horizon Console to check what the maximum number of monitors and resolution is for the desktop pool.

Regards, Michiel.
0 Kudos
AllenJG
Contributor
Contributor

When I check 3 monitors in the desktop pool, the desktop will momentarily expand to 3 monitors but it is effectively split to 1/2 screen on monitor 1, full screen on monitor 2 and half screen on monitor 3. It then quickly reverts itself to 1 monitor

0 Kudos
bensonius
Contributor
Contributor

I see this is marked as "Solved" what actually ended up solving it? I'm having the same issues.

0 Kudos