VMware Horizon Community
cstoetzer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon Client, Timeout after Logon

Hi.

I am currently facing the following problem:

On an Ubuntu machine, I installed a Horizon client that connects through the connection server.  This works in the local network as expected. However, when I connect via VPN, I see a query for authorization and after entering username / password nothing happens, the available desktops are not displayed. After a kind of timeout the message "Connection failed" appears.

If I intentionally enter a wrong password, the response of the server is "logon failed".  The network connection (https) seems to work.

I have enabled the ports TCP/443, TCP/4172 and UDP/4172 on the firewall.

I would be very happy if you could give me a hint about the possible cause of this behaviour!

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cstoetzer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your answers.

In the end it was the firewall at the internet access. I'm using Wireguard as a VPN service and at some point the firewall was trying to "protect" me from too many UDP packets.

This caused the timeout of the horizon session.

Christian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I assume you have opened TCP/4172 and UDP/4172 from your VPN network to your Connection Server. but, you need to open them from your VPN network to your Desktops network.

Because they communicate with each other directly unless you configure PCoIP secure gateway.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
0 Kudos
cstoetzer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick response.

The UDP connection is configured bi-directional. But the TCP connection is not (yet).

However, the PCoIP secure gateway is also configured.

0 Kudos
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you have configured PCoIP secure gateway then open mentioned ports between VPN network and Connection server.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
0 Kudos
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You should be able to see the packets being blocked/dropped on the firewall that is causing the issue if it only happens over VPN.

Also, are you sure that you're connecting with PCoIP and not Blast? You can right-click the desktop pool icon to confirm the protocol.

-Nick

0 Kudos
cstoetzer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your answers.

In the end it was the firewall at the internet access. I'm using Wireguard as a VPN service and at some point the firewall was trying to "protect" me from too many UDP packets.

This caused the timeout of the horizon session.

Christian

0 Kudos