VMware Horizon Community
Teronus
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Client REALLY running slow on Server2022 VM over RDP

My company supports a numerous customers running a multitude of different VPN platforms. To accommodate this situation, we set up a dedicated VM for each client on our local server (Windows Server 2022) and conduct all of our online service using RDP through these local VMs. This normally works great; however I have a customer using Horizon Client and it's not working. I can install the client on my workstation, and it works great, but with it running on the VM the latency is really bad (3 to 5 seconds) and we are getting occasional characters echoed when typing. How can I resolve this issue??    

0 Kudos
3 Replies
orgilplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

seems like networking issue but you can optimize the performance of the os

0 Kudos
Teronus
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply... I tried optimizing but didn’t make a difference. Our network is working well with numerous other VPN clients running on VMs configured identically. It’s like the Horizon Client is killing the RDP connection to our local network when it’s connected to the host. 

0 Kudos
Teronus
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to play around more and tested the connection speed between my desktop and my local VM using iperf.

Here's the connection speed with an open RDP session to the VM and Horizon Client NOT running….

Teronus_2-1655752588861.png

And here is the connection speed with an open RDP session to the VM after starting the Horizon Client… (no other difference)...

Teronus_3-1655752616779.png

Additionally, if I close the RDP session and leave the Horizon client running the speeds return to normal.

My conclusion is that the Horizon Client is without question killing my local RDP connection… but why???

0 Kudos