VMware Horizon Community
EAlt0316
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Client Install Failed - Installation success or error status: 1603 appears in logs

I had a user who was having some display issues when connected to their Horizon desktop.  I attempted to upgrade their Horizon client.  The initial upgrade failed because the HOSTS file was locked by Webroot.  Webroot was shutdown and installation was re-attempted.  This time the installer got to the very end then said "Installation Failed."  Behavior on the workstation showed the desktop shortcut get created, then removed just before the installer reported the failure.

This happened to a second workstation which had not previously had the Horizon client installed.

Log files attached.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EAlt0316
Contributor
Contributor

This is occurring on other systems as well.  I had one user inform me he tried to install Horizon client on his work system for post-graduate courses he is taking and the installation failed.

I am setting up several new PCs (from Dell) which are having the same issue.  Ran all Windows updates and Dell updates.  Removed all Dell pre-loaded software except Dell Command Update and Dell Power Manager, installed our management and monitoring agent from ConnectWise, which installs Webroot Anywhere client and ConnectWise Screen Connect client, and joined to our domain.  Horizon install failed in very similar fashion.

0 Kudos