VMware Horizon Community
autonuke
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Client - Error: An SSL error occured

I'm getting an SSL error when trying to connect to my work server.

Error: An SSL error occured

error:14077102:SSL

routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unsupported protocol

Works on Horizon Client 4.6.1-6748947, but not on newer versions.

Trying to get it work on 5.2.0-14569086 (windows 10 app) or standalone app.

From what I understand, this is due to TLSv1.0 Disablement in newer versions of the client.

Is there a workaround I can use to enable TLSv1.0 on newer client?

It's unlikely my company will upgrade their side anytime soon and I would prefer to use up to date client instead of older version.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

what Horizon version does your company run? TLS1.0 has been disabled for quite some time (versions) now.

Anyway - although I'd really try to talk to the IT team - you may take a look at Configuring Advanced TLS Options​. I'm not sure whether TLS1.0 can still be enabled.

André

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi autonuke

If you are talking about windows based clients, you can make changes under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client\Security under SSLCipherList to configure various TLS options. By default its value is

TLSv1:TLSv1.1:TLSv1.2:!aNULL:kECDH+AESGCM:ECDH+AESGCM:RSA+AESGCM:kECDH+AES:ECDH+AES:RSA+AES.

This value means that TLSv.1, TLSv1.1, and TLSv1.2 are enabled and SSL v2.0 and SSL v3.0 are removed.

0 Kudos
autonuke
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks guys. Tried following both, but no luck.

There was no SSLCipherList under security, when created, I get same error.

I gave up, will just stick to v4.9.0. That is the last one that works, anything newer has SSL error.

0 Kudos