VMware Horizon Community
ARauschenbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon Client Compatibility - 3.5.2 with 7.0.2

I am hoping someone here can answer a quick question for me regarding Horizon Client 3.5.2 --

See attached: When looking in the Support Matrix for Horizon Clients 3.x and 4.x against Horizon 7.0.1, 7.0.2, and 7.0.3, it appears as though all 3.x and 4.x clients are supported against all 7.x infrastructure EXCEPT that 3.5.2 is not supported on 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 -- is that a typo? Or is there a specific reason that 3.5.2 is not supported on those specific releases of Horizon? It seems very strange to me all that previous clients are supported but not that one.

Some preface for that question:

I am doing an environment upgrade for a client (I'm an IT Consultant) and they have some older Wyse Devices running WES7 and apparently only support up to 3.5.2 of the Horizon Client. Their infrastructure is 7.0.2 currently. When we attempt to install a later client (any 4.x client) and use MultiMonitor mode we only get black screens (they stay connected forever, and it seems it seems as though the display is rendered just displayed black -- e.g. the mouse cursor changes in response to windows and items it floats over). However the same Wyse devices work fine with 3.5.2. So the question is -- to get to a supported configuration -- is it actually necessary to update 7.0.2 to 7.0.3?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ARauschenbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I opened a ticket with VMware Support and they informed me that the matrix is incorrect and will be updated.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ARauschenbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I opened a ticket with VMware Support and they informed me that the matrix is incorrect and will be updated.

0 Kudos
axm3196
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where can i find this matrix?

thx

0 Kudos