VMware Horizon Community
mgroen1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Client 8: multiple monitor support

I run VMWare Horizon Client version 2103 build 8.2.0 on a system with 3 monitors (each monitor having different resolution).

In Horizon client, I click on Options -> Display -> All monitors

I would expect the remote desktop to be displayed on all 3 montiors. However, the remote desktop is only displayed on 1 monitor. The other 2 monitors display complete black screen.

Can the Horizon client be improved so that when All monitors is selected, all monitors (on client side, in this case 3), display the remote desktop, so that each monitor can be used effectively? (even if these monitors have different resolutions).

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kenobi79
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi 

did you have set the video display options in the "edit Settings" of the golden image or VM?? 

Bye - Riccardo Panzieri
https://www.i3piccioni.it
0 Kudos
eduruizblas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi! Something similar happens to me with a specific position.

It has 3 monitors of which 1 of them has a different resolution. I also have the option to use all monitors configured and I get two of them in black. I have tried blast and pcoip without success. Only if I use rdp I can see all 3 monitors but teams with rdp do not work.

Greetings

0 Kudos
eduruizblas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi!

I have a doubt,

If you configure the golden image with 64 gb of ram for the graphics card but the machines modify them and you increase the ram to 256 gb and 4 monitors, does this configuration have an effect?

Is it necessary to modify it at the golden image level?

Thanks

0 Kudos
kenobi79
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi 

if you have instant clone dekstop you must modify the golden image and take a new snapshot.

Bye - Riccardo Panzieri
https://www.i3piccioni.it
mgroen1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have an update on this issue I'd like to share.

@kenobi79 I think it has nothing to do with the image which needs to be configured.

It's about (lacking of) 3 monitors on Horizon Client version 8.2.0. 

The thing is, when I go from 3 monitors, to 2 (by phyisically detaching the video cable of on the monitors on the video card), the remote desktop is displayed perfectly on both 2 remaining monitors (each having different resolution).

So this concludes me that Horizon client 8.2.0 works well with 2 monitors, however 3 active monitors causes undesired/unexpected behaviour (as described in the original posting). 

In ideal situation, the fix would be (in my opion), to create a fix for Horizon Client, with an option for the users to select which monitors the remote desktop will be displayed on. So that in the situation users can have a mix of remote desktops on 2 monitors (or even more), and have 1 monitor (or more) for displaying non-remote VM image (like local windows programs, etc).

A less perfect option would be to fix/improve the option Display -> All Monitors so that 3 monitors (or more) are supported.

0 Kudos