VMware Horizon Community
VMWareWSS2015
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Client 4.6.1 & 4.7 installation rolls back once it almost gets to the end.

Have you guys ran into this issue.

Here is what I have so far.

The client gets to the very end and then rolls back.  I disabled Symantec Anti-Virus and installed as administrator still no luck.  I tried installing in Safe mode but it didn't even get halfway before it failed.  Here is what I have done so far.  I removed all files and folders in C:\ProgramData\VMware.  C:\Program Files\VMware.  C:\users\username\appdate\roaming\vmware. C;\ users\username\local\vmware. I also went into the registry and deleted any entry that had VMware on it.  I am at a loss.  One machine is Windows 7 and the one in my office is Windows 10.

I found out when it gets to HTML 5 Multimedia redirection the installation rolls back.  I went back and did customized install (unchecking HTML 5 multimedia redirection) then it installs OK.

HTML 5 multimedia installs by default and I would like to have this option installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The installation log will likely contain the answer. Here is a great KB for all Horizon View logs: VMware Knowledge Base

Installation Log: %TEMP%\vminst.log_date_timestamp

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
jsanders1980
Contributor
Contributor

I am running into the exact same issue with VMware-Horizon-Client-4.7.0-7395453 and I cannot figure out what is causing it.  My peers are able to install without issue.  The logs indicate that there is a rollback, but not identifying why there is a rollback.  If you end up identifying the issue please pass along.

0 Kudos
Matrix__1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi all,

I have the same issue with the 4.7 version (WIndows 7 x64 SP1). Any idea?

Matrix

0 Kudos
jicooper
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I had the same problem while running WebRoot SecureAnywhere.  Examining the installation logs showed an error writing to the hosts file.  When I modified the settings in WebRoot to allow access to the hosts file I was successfully able to install.  Problem solved.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Seconded, we've seen this with a few AV products.

0 Kudos