VMware Horizon Community
serverhack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon Client 2006 asks for domain credentials even with GPO configured

Hi,

I have deployed a Windows Server 2019 pool serving desktops (not RDP sessions) with the following config and versions:

• Horizon Connection Server 8 (2006)
  • Horizon Agent 8 (2006)
  • GPOs 2006 deployed, and enabled "Default value for Login with current user"

I have Horizon Client 8 (2006) installed on the VDIs to access the virtualized apps for the users, but when an user executes the Horizon CLient inside the VDI it asks for credentials, instead of single signed on as GPO value indicates.

Is it an error or bug in Horizon Client or am I missing anything.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

In the pod where the Horizon Apps are hosted, ensure each Connection Server has "Accept logon as current user" checked.

Using the Log In as Current User Feature Available with Windows-Based Horizon Client

-Nick

View solution in original post

3 Replies
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

In the pod where the Horizon Apps are hosted, ensure each Connection Server has "Accept logon as current user" checked.

Using the Log In as Current User Feature Available with Windows-Based Horizon Client

-Nick

alienjoker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey serverhack,

Check you dont have policies in place that conflict with the following required settings:-

1.    Administrative templates -->windows components -->remote desktop services -->remote desktop connection client -->prompt for credentials on the client computer -->disabled.

User-added image

2.    Remote desktop services in same tree-->remote desktop session host-->security-->always prompt for password upon connections-->disabled.

User-added image

0 Kudos
serverhack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Right! That's was the problem. I didn't remember to check this on version 7.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos