VMware Horizon Community
i4steck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon Autostart VM

Hello together
we have the problem that switched off desktops are started but not immediately displayed to the user.
We connect users via two UAGs and Horizon connection server is distributed via a DNS split. If a VM is already started, the user is connected to it immediately.

For this I have measured the time:

1 secStart VM
25 secWindows Booted
35 secHorizon showing VM ready
65 secvCenter showing IP of VM
370 secUser will be connected

It can also be aborted at the first connection and then try again and the connection is established under 4.5 minutes.

Does anyone have an idea what kind of adjustment can be made?

Greetings Dominic

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

If you login to horizon connection server through RDP and open logs "C:\Programdata\VMware\VDM\logs" and open the debug logs in notepad++ and search for the word "PendingOperation-vm-XXXXXX-Starting" where XXXXXX here refers to Managed object ID of the VM. 

You can just track these events would let you if there are some issues with port waiter or some other service waiting to start

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

If you login to horizon connection server through RDP and open logs "C:\Programdata\VMware\VDM\logs" and open the debug logs in notepad++ and search for the word "PendingOperation-vm-XXXXXX-Starting" where XXXXXX here refers to Managed object ID of the VM. 

You can just track these events would let you if there are some issues with port waiter or some other service waiting to start

i4steck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hello
thanks for the tip, I was now able to see the problem with the blocked port and open it on the firewall.
Now the startup works as desired, thank you very much!