VMware Horizon Community
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Audio Driver refusing to load .

HI ,

We are attempting to upgrade from Horizon 7.6.0 to 7.12.0 and having all kinda issues .

7.6.0 is 100% refusing to Uninstall . we have to use the microsoft uninstall fix-er .  that seems to work .

If we just upgrade Horizon to 7.12.0 it refuses to provision . ( vcnter 6.7 ) .

We upgrade our vmware tools from 10.2.5 to 11.1.0 and that kinda allows it to provision.

However our Audio Driver is no longer installing / loading .  You click the speaker and it attempts to detect the device and find a driver .

Going to device manager we see Nothing for Audio .

Shouldnt the audio driver come i after installing the Horizon AGent ?.. we 100% are selecting it :smileysilly: .

We are LTSB/C 1607 .. Audio has been working great no issues .

Any thoughts on how i can Force it to just reinstall the audio side ?  or dare i say even - how to just download the audio driver and install that ? ( DevTap? )

In a test we took the LTSB ISO and created a fast GI .. put tools 11.0.5 on it.. and Horizon Agent 7-12-0... after the Agent was finished the Speaker icon was good / no red .

What we found intersting was the vmware tools didnt show up the 1st install.. we did it again and did a repair.. and it was fine..  guess i will try a repair on the GI's its not working on.. maybe ill get lucky . ( weve tried uninstalling and 100% reinstalling tons of times... guess i never hit repair ) .

thanks .

( holy yikes if we have to recreate all our GI's ... )

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You might have to rebuild you images, I needed to, I went from 7.4 and couldn't get that current image to work with instant clones properly. I've got it mostly automated so it wasn't also, if you don't you want want look into it. I based what I do off of this

https://virtualhobbit.com/2019/10/01/automating-vdi-template-creation-with-vmware-code-stream-and-ha...

0 Kudos