VMware Horizon Community
BBittner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon Agent on standalone Client

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate a physical standalone client into the Horizon system.

After successfully installing the Agent in standalone non-vcenter mode, the Client is available in the Connection-Server.

At the moment I can connect to it via Horizon Client with RDP-Protocol, but not with Blast.

I also can't connect vie HTML-Webaccess and remote via UAG is also not working.

UAG I possibly get up and running by enabling tunnel-mode.

HTML-Access to RDP-Host seems to be unsupported.

Best would be to have Blast as connection protocol running, but I don't know why it is not working.

Are there any requirements for this, how can I fully integrate a standalone Client?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dolzhenkom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HTML access only supports the Blast protocol, even on the latest version of Horizon, 7.9. See here: System Requirements for HTML Access

Display protocol for Horizon

VMware Blast

When you use a Web browser to access a remote desktop, the VMware Blast protocol is used rather than PCoIP or Microsoft RDP. VMware Blast uses HTTPS (HTTP over SSL/TLS).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dolzhenkom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Which version of the Horizon agent are you running? You'll need at least 7.7 to use Blast with physical workstations.

See the changelog for Horizon 7.7 here: Release Notes for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.7

• Physical PCs and workstations with Windows 10 1803 Enterprise or higher can be brokered through Horizon 7 via Blast Extreme protocol.
BBittner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for pointing this out!

I read the Release Notes, but somehow missed this line.

At the moment we are using 7.5.2 and the Client is a Win 7 Pro, so even newest version wouldn't help - Blast is out for the time being.

Does anybody know something about HTML access to RDP-Client?

0 Kudos
dolzhenkom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HTML access only supports the Blast protocol, even on the latest version of Horizon, 7.9. See here: System Requirements for HTML Access

Display protocol for Horizon

VMware Blast

When you use a Web browser to access a remote desktop, the VMware Blast protocol is used rather than PCoIP or Microsoft RDP. VMware Blast uses HTTPS (HTTP over SSL/TLS).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

BBittner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for all the help, I would say the request is answered.

0 Kudos