VMware Horizon Community
manthan_soroco
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Agent 8 no prompt for Connection Server setting

Folks, I'm doing my first trial setup of Horizon 2006/8.0 without vCenter and ESXi. I downloaded the trial version and installed the Connection Server on machine(Windows Server 2019).

Now, I'm trying to install Horizon Agent(8.0.0-16530789) on Windows 10 machine(Azure VM), there is no prompt in installation wizard for typing the host name or IP address of a Connection Server host. If I install the same agent on a physical box, I get the prompt for the connection server settings but in a VM, no go.

Following other support ticket, I tried providing the parameter, /v "VDM_VC_MANAGED_AGENT=0", that also didn't work, same installation wizard (with no prompt for connection server setting).

0 Kudos
7 Replies
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you installing with either Linked Clone or Instant Clone feature enabled? If so, you will not get this prompt since it assumes you’re creating an automated pool via vSphere.

0 Kudos
manthan_soroco
Contributor
Contributor

@nburton935Not sure, if understand correctly. Can I create Linked or Instant Clone without vSphere?

For the current trial setup, I created a vanilla Azure Windows 10 VM, and tried to install Horizon Agent.

0 Kudos
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No, but during the agent install you should ensure they are deselected. If either component is selected, you will not get the prompt you are looking for.

0 Kudos
manthan_soroco
Contributor
Contributor

@nburton935I went through installation wizard. I can't see, any feature for Instant or Linked clone enabled. Can you help with the right feature over here, I've added screenshot of wizard steps.

VMware-Horizon-Agent-x86_64-8.0.0-16530789_KbUQ387dXe.png

VMware-Horizon-Agent-x86_64-8.0.0-16530789_hdlZDtRLFP.png

VMware-Horizon-Agent-x86_64-8.0.0-16530789_IyxpJCJGnh.png

0 Kudos
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks for the screenshots! Can you confirm you have the RDS role installed prior to the Agent install? 

0 Kudos
scottyg247
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get an answer for this? I am trying to do exactly the same thing with 2103 and cannot get the agent to register with Connection Server.

0 Kudos
ho_lohmann
Contributor
Contributor

should be able to bypass the problem when you run setup the install parameter VDM_SERVER_NAME=

0 Kudos