VMware Horizon Community
vvita1976
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Administrator malfunction

I have encountered a problem with Horizon Adm (2111 8.4.0) that does not synchronize the statuses of the VDI with the vCenter, the VDI remains in "deleting" status. When I enter the Horizon pool, it returns the notification "Could not list datastores from VC". Unfortunately, the event viewer is not configured to provide more information. Has anyone had a similar experience?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
zenmatrix
Contributor
Contributor

You need to do a full horizon restart https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2068381

0 Kudos
vvita1976
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. But in this case, we are dealing with instant-clone desktops and there's no Composer Server to turn off. Nevertheless, I turned off the Connection Server, but the problem persists.

0 Kudos
bjohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is your vcenter available?

Does the service account you are using have permissions to vcenter? did it expire or something?

0 Kudos
vvita1976
Contributor
Contributor

yes it is available, service account is ok. We have 2 VDI farms in different datacenters with the CloudPod architecture. Farm A works normally, in farm B the status of the VDIs on Horizon does not reflect the status of the VDIs on the vCenter, when a VDI is turned off in the vCenter it performs the correct regeneration while in Horizon it remains in "deleting" status. I have already restarted the connection server but the problem recurs. The vCenter has no critical issues. In Horizon appears this notification "Could not list datastores from VC".

0 Kudos
zenmatrix
Contributor
Contributor

Overall it still applies, just adjust for the parts you’re missing. At a minimum you want to shut down. All connection severs then restart vcenter and the start one connection server at a time. If this doesn’t work you should look at the viewdbchk script, which also works for both link clones and instant clones.

0 Kudos