VMware Horizon Community
BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Administrator HTML5 Development

Is there a place to track HTML5 development? Hopefully a bug/and or features list? I just discovered that if a parent image for a linked clone pool is missing, when you go to recompose you do not get to select a new image. The first screen is just blank. When I opened the flex client it worked as expected and I was able to select a new image. I found this to happen in both Firefox and Chrome, although Chrome did flash a message that an internal error occurred.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

Linked clone desktop pool does show 'Change' button to change parent image during recompose. The reason it is not showing you is because your original VM is missing and hence it shows expected message 'Internal error occurred'. The button is visible only when original VM is also present in vcenter.

pastedImage_0.png

You can update the path to point to new master image in ADAM database directly :

> Take a snapshot of all connection servers first.

> Take a full backup of ADAM database as per VMware Knowledge Base

> Connect to View ADAM database as per VMware Knowledge Base

> Expand 'DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int' and click on 'OU=Server Groups'

> On the right side you will see your desktop pool name . Right click > Properties (See screenshot below)

> Navigate to value 'pae-SVIVmParentVM' > Edit > Correct the path to reflect exact path to new gold image as per vCenter. (See Screenshot below). You can check a good pool to see how a standard path looks like.

> Click apply and ok.

> Refresh the View admin page and confirm if correct path is reflected in desktop pool summary page.

> If so, recompose the pool.It will show you 'Change' button now.

pastedImage_1.png

Mark the post as helpful/correct if it resolves your issue.

0 Kudos
BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes it works as expected in the Flex client, there is a Change button, even when the master is missing, as in my case (as you know LOL!), and you simply select the new image, no need to go into adam. I am happily recomposing with a new master as I write this. However in the HTML5 client  there is no change button, just a blank page where the table should be. And at least in Chrome you get an "internal error." So I was just wondering if this is already a known issue in the HTML5 client or if there is a development site to report such things.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I see. Strange. Horizon is moving away from flash based console to HTML5 based, it should have made more sense if it is working in HTML5 based console but not in flash based.

You can submit your request in this form Or contact support to notify about this issue.

You can provide your feedback here Contact Us

If anyone else will have any idea about HTML5 dev page, one can post here.

0 Kudos