VMware Horizon Community
RTVNoord
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon 8: Maximum login attempts exceeded

If users type in a wrong password or username three times, the Horizon Client displays a message saying: Maximum login attempts exceeded.

In previous versions this could be changed with Adsiedit on the connection broker, by changing the value "cs-loginattemptslimit=3" to a higher value. But within Horizon 8, when I look at pae-NameValuePair in the CN=Common object under OU=Global,OU=Properties this value is not there anymore.

vmware1.png
The question is: is this setting in Horizin 8 (2004) now placed elsewhere (I can't find it), or do I simply have to add this value cs-loginattemptslimit=10 to this Attribute??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
_eddychong
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've came across to the same issue. Wish to configure the max attempts number but seems like it has gone. Also i wish to know how long does a user being locked from login after maximum login attempts exceeded.

I try to look for the previous KB 2086682 (Increasing the number of failed user login attempts displays the error: The View Connection Server a...) https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2086682 but the KB no longer available.

0 Kudos