VMware Horizon Community
MatthiasPohl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon 8 - LoadBalancer Design Question

Hi everbody,

we´re setting up a new Horizon 8 environment. The environment is quite simple. We have two connection servers and no UAG.

We would like to load balance the two connection servers, using a barracuda load balancer. 

I don't really understand the requirements regarding the certificates. Do we have to use one certificate for all three instances (like horizon.company.xx)? Right now I've installed three different certificates (hostname1.company.xxx on connection server 1, hostname2.company.xx on connection server2 and horizon.company.xx on the loadbalancer). 

I can reach the admin interface using the virtual ip. I get redirected one of the connection servers. But when I try to establish a horizon sessions to one vm, I get the error message: The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

Hi I make a single certificate, where to insert in the certificate as SAN all three FQDNs (hostname1.company.xxx, hostname2.company.xxx and hostname.company.xxx)

Fabio 

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

Hi I make a single certificate, where to insert in the certificate as SAN all three FQDNs (hostname1.company.xxx, hostname2.company.xxx and hostname.company.xxx)

Fabio 

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

MatthiasPohl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Fabio,

thx a lot for your reply. I've created the cert as mentioned and everything works fine now.

Kind regards

Matthias

0 Kudos