VMware Horizon Community
lttdvs
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 8 Keyboard Layout

Hi,

I have a new issue since I have migrated to Horizon 8

I'm running a manual pool Redhat 7.7 desktops configured with french keyboard and i'm unable to map the client layout to the virtual desktops.

The system and the X Server are configured to use a french keyboard

[root@fr-vmx00212 ~]# XAUTHORITY=/var/run/lightdm/root/:0 DISPLAY=:0 setxkbmap -query

rules: evdev

model: pc105

layout:     fr

But the Horizon Agent start its own X Server with its own settings

root 2400  2355  0 12:35 ? 00:00:00 Xorg :100 -auth /var/vmware/viewagent/xauth/.xauth:100 -once -query 127.0.0.1 -config /usr/lib/vmware/viewagent/resources/X11/xorg.conf -seat seat-vmwfake -keeptty

And the Horizon Agent do not use the system settings

[root@fr-vmx00212 ~]# XAUTHORITY=/var/vmware/viewagent/xauth/.xauth\:100 DISPLAY=:100 setxkbmap -query

rules: evdev

model: pc105

layout:     us

I don't have this issue with Horizon 7.9

Has anyone ever experienced this problem on Horizon 8?

ningYu123
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

hi,

As my understanding, you have a FR keyboard manual pool desktop. And you want to map client keyboard layout to Agent.  So which language is in you view client?

From you description, the Horizon Agent's keyboard is changed to 'us', that means Agent keyboard is mapped by client keyboard layout, we only map the keyboard in our own XServer, don't change the system XServer. That means keyboard mapping works fine.

If you could provide the log bundle, we could do more investigations.

thanks.

0 Kudos
lttdvs
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer

I opened an case at VMware Support because I don't want to post the logs publicly.

My View Client is on english Windows with french keyboard.

No issue with Horizon 7

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @lttdvs, did you receive a response/solution from VMware Support regarding this? We have the same issue but set our keyboard layout to GB which is then overridden to US when using the Horizon Client. Using HTML Access is fine. Many thanks.

0 Kudos